March 29 – April 2, 2017 | Pier 94 | New York City
We are pleased to announce that the application process for AIPAD’s inaugural Show at Pier 94 is now open! Non-member photography art dealers are encouraged to apply. The Show will take place March 30–April 2, 2017 with an Opening Preview on March 29, 2017. As you will see, we have big plans for The Photography Show!
The move to Pier 94 allows us to build a fresh and exciting fair with expanded offerings. We have injected new energy into the Show floor with the following:
- Special Exhibitions: Collectors Martin Margulies and Artur Walther have both agreed to mount shows from their collections. Madeleine Plonsker has agreed to show a selection of work by Cuban photographers from her collection “The Light in Cuban Eyes.” More details will be coming soon.
- Exhibitors: The Show floor will be divided into four, unique sections, each offering a different experience. In addition, we are thrilled to host a section solely for non-member book dealers and publishers. More information and an Application for book dealers and publishers will be announced in late September.
- Awards: The Arnold Newman Prize will be presented at our Show! Sandra Phillips, longtime curator of photography at SFMOMA, and Anne Tucker, founding curator of photography at MFA Houston, will also be honored.
- Education: We are tripling the number of educational programs, with several sessions taking place each day of the Show.
- Experience: The Show will offer a variety of hospitality options, including a restaurant, champagne bar, and VIP lounge. Plus, we have a few more exciting projects up our sleeves. Our goal is to create an experience that will keep attendees returning to the Show throughout its run.
The 2017 floor plan is divided into four, unique sections:
Gallery and Positions: The Gallery and Positions Sections are for AIPAD members and non-members who have been in business for six (6) years or more. View non-member booth pricing.
Discovery: The Discovery Section is for non-member dealers who have been in business for five (5) years or less. Exhibitors in this section may show no more than three (3) artists. Preference will be given to those who will exhibit a single-artist presentation. View non-member booth pricing.
Salon: The Salon Section is for AIPAD members.
We hope that you are as excited about the Show as we are and will make plans to join us as AIPAD makes its momentous move to Pier 94!